By: Br. Jesse Meer E. Alipes
Casiciaco Recoletos Seminary inaugurates and blesses Sala de Estudio last November 25, 2020 on the feast of St. Thomas of Villanova.
Rev. Fr. Bernard C. Amparado, OAR, Seminary Rector, administered the blessing of the newly-renovated Sala de Estudio or study room and learning resource center.
Fr. Amparado together with Rev. Fr. Anthony P. Irineo, OAR, Seminary Dean of Studies and Senior High School Principal, led the ribbon cutting ceremony.
The renovation of the Sala de Estudio is the initiative of the office of the Dean of Studies and the Academics Committee to offer more study areas for the seminarians’ intellectual formation.
“The idea started with Fr. Irineo and his idea to provide additional space for seminarians to work on their academic requirements especially the Learning Packets (modules) apart from the library,” said Br. Kaiser Castañares, Academics Committee Chairman.
Before the event, the seminarians participated in the Quiz Bee in celebration of the Feast of the Patron of Studies of the Order of Augustinian Recollect, St. Thomas of Villanova.
The winners of the Quiz Bee are as follows: First, Confraternidad de Jesus Nazareno; Second, Confraternidad de Divina Misericordia; and Third, Confraternidad de Cristo Rey del Universo.
Declaration of Official Names of Seminary Facilities
Along with the inauguration and the blessing of the Sala de Studio is the declaration of the official names of seminary facilities during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass in honor of the saint.
Fr. Amparado declared the official names of the following facilities:
- Sala de Estudio- Sto. Tomas de Villanueva, for Tomasino Hall;
- Sala de Conferencias- Talavera de la Reina, for Social Hall;
- Biblioteca Fray Luis de Leon, for the main library;
- Clinica de Sta. Rita de Cascia, for the seminary-school clinic;
- Sala de Docentes- Sta. Magdalena de Nagasaki, for the Teacher’s Lounge;
- Aula de Ordenadores- Martires de Motril, for the computer room;
- Laboratorio de Lenguaje- Cinco de Diciembre, for the speech laboratory;
- Aula de Beato Francisco de Jesus, for classroom 1, after the clinic;
- Aula de Beato Maria de San Jose Alvarado, for classroom 2;
- Aula de Beato Martin de San Nicolas, for classroom 3; and
- Aula de Beato Vicente de San Antonio, for classroom 4.
The Rector expressed his aspiration that the facilities act as silent witnesses to the Recollect identity and mission as “Creators of Communion, Witnesses of Gospel Values, and Men of Hope.”